Friday, August 14, 2009

Nak Cantik, Tak Nak Hidup

The above title is a very faulty direct translation from the Chinese saying
"Ai Mei Bu Ai Ming"
Don't ask me Chinese Characters, I'm a banana like that.
But it kinda means you rather risk your life for beauty.

And that is sorta kinda what I did for the Astro Nexgen Contentpreneurs Award on 6th August 2009.
I was dead sick, but I would still jump at the opportunity to put full-on make up and go for the ceremony.
Memang tak hendak hidup dah.
Owh, and because a thin yellow shawl was the best cover-up that for my attire, I decided to go against common sense of getting a thick cover up cause ceremonies like this are usually cold.
Yesh. I am gung-ho-ly vain =)

Went to pick my Boss up, at least, my direct boss for H-Factor; Mr Leonard Chua, otherwise known as Mr.Malaysia in the words of the Boss that pays me, my Boss-paying =)
Headed there and reach at Malaysian timing, cause that's what Leonard made me do =P
Otherwise I'm usually damn chat early.

Met up with my Boss-paying, and the dude that's suppose to bring us around.
Hang around about for a bit till we all decided we were hungry and hence headed to the restaurant.
Not too bad actually, it was RM35++ for a dinner buffet. Albeit less variety, I think it's worthy of the price.
Had dinner, chit chat about Leonard's high-class blood test and the other zest.
Time for awards.

Work1
Note: See my direct boss posing with his not-camera? He needed it to photog the pretty hot gals there. =) And me camwhoring in the toilet! Whoootz.


It was OMB-MINDNUMBINGLY-EFFING-GAWD-DAMN-COLD in the hall.
Serves me right kan?
How cold could it be though, really? Erm, cold enough for me to be delusional enough to have the intentions of snatching any random guy's jacket.
That sounds cold enough for you? Next time I'm bringing a guy, just for his probably awesomely warm coat and his potential to be my eye candy in distracting me from boring agendas.

But as the performances came in, the ppl started cheering, I felt that much warmer la.
Or maybe I tricked my mind into saying so.
Thank heavens for sms buddy who layan-ed me all throughout the boring parts. =)

Work2
Note: Try and spot my Boss-paying presenting award with another celebrity. And also the montage of performances. I would rate it above average, honestly quite darn good.


After awards, had our hugs and goodbyes, and left that darn cold hall.
Balik rumah tidur.

I initially started this post as an attempt to be late for my 9pm meeting.
I'm learning to be late to follow Malaysian timing you see, strong patriotism mar.
But my direct boss push the meeting later. Cheh.

Owh well, more posts up nextttttt. =) If I'm rajin enough that is. /gringringrin

No comments: