Saturday, July 25, 2009

"The appendix is the God's given bonus to doctors" (Yin. 2009)

Yea. That was what my doctor said when we asked why on Earth did I get Appendicitis.

And yesh.
As most of you would have known you should know, I have Mund as my CNN =P, I was in the hospital the past 2 days for my appendix operation.

Specific timeline goes like this:

21st July, 2000 hour = Pain started to be even more intense in evening. I thought it was my usual acute gastricitis, but that usually doesn't attack until middle of the night. Nvm. Tahan.

22nd July, 0030 hour = Cannot take the pain. Having cold shudders ddi, asked mum to bring me to the doctor. Diagnosed with gastricitis even though the pain has spread to lower areas. Took jab as usual

22nd July, 0130 hour = Took medicine an hour after jab as stated by doctor. Tried to go to bed.

22nd July, 0230 hour = Tossing and turning in pain in bed, realising that both the jab and medicine didn't work this time round. Didn't wanna wake my parents cause they have to wake up early next day. Tahan tahan.

22nd July, 0630 hour = Have been awake trying to bear with the pain. Vomitted a few times. Doesn't seem to work. Pain inhibits sleep. Cried and woke parents up to send me to the family doctor

22nd July, 0800 hour = See family doctor. Diagnosed as serious case of acute gastricitis. But seeing I had pain in the lower area spreading to the back, was reffered to SDMC to eliminate possibility of pancreas inflammation.

22nd July, 1000 hour = Waited to see gastroenterologist. After lotsa pressing on the abdomen, sent me for tests and highlighted possibility of appendicitis. Wtf? Not gastricitis meh?

22nd July, 1030 hour = Doing blood test, urine test and amylase test. Cannot differentiate where the pain is coming anymore but can barely walk

22nd July, 1300 hour = Finally can see the surgeon I was referred to after waiting an hour plus. Again, press press press abdomen. 80% confirmed is appendicitis. Must be admitted. Surgery scheduled later in the evening

22nd July, 1430 hour = Been waiting for room for an hour, stupid paperwork procedures. Cannot walk, was in wheelchair

22nd July, 1545 hour = Finally got to the room. Nurse came in and said that operation in 15 minutes. Did all pre-op preparations. Wheeled to operating room. Poor mummy crying. *hugs hugs*

22nd July, 1600 hour = Waiting ward before heading to operation theathre. Damn boring. Started having negative thoughts. Eh, I can die if I allergy to anasthesia kie. My anastethist came and poke my drip needle and told me his son is in Taylors and was verbally persuading my vein to appear -_-''

22nd July, 1620 hour = Operation started. Nurse asked few questions. Amused that doctors and nurses were teasing one another as they were about to operate me. LOVE anesthesia, the only time I was actually able to sleep without thinking

22nd July 180 hour = Woke up in recovery ward. Groggy feeling damn awesome. Was shown my appendix, just a blur image of a pink red-mass. HELLO, I was groggy. Started smiling and felt happy, I love anesthesia. Can't wait to see mummy.

22nd July, 1820 hour = Wheeled to my ward. Saw mummy. Spoke to her but can't remember what. STILL groggy. Love anasthesia. Smsed the few to tell them I haven't die. Yesh, I manage to sms within 30 minutes post-surgery.

Owhkie. I'm not gonna timeline it anymore. I was actually in 17 hours of pain before the operation, how I got through that hell, I don't know.
After that, it was just me staying in the ward with buddies visiting. And the family of course.
The first night was interesting, aren't first nights always interesting? ROFL! because the anesthetic effect was still there.
So I was smiling and feeling tired. I haven't felt tired in a long time because everytime I close my eyes, a lot of things run through my mind. I think I'm having the Manic phase in a Bipolar disorder. Eff.

Found it hard to fall asleep with the stupid PVC pillow and memories of hospital spooky stories.
Left the light on, which made it harder to sleep.
Woke up quite a lot in the middle of the night.
Nurses came to change my drip and gave me antibiotics.

23rd July - Second day in ward
Doctor can't discharged me today. /stabstabstab
Bored sial.
Had lotsa company from afternoon to night.
Dreaded sleeping at night.
Couldn't sleep well.
The last antibiotic jab I had hurts shit because my left arm was swollen. Poor vein. It felt like someone injecting hot liquid and you can actually feel it flowing. Eff.
The antibiotic drip didn't help either.

24th July - Third day in ward
Woke up in the morning cause nurse wanted to give antibiotic jab.
No way I can take it anymore so I beg them to take it out and change the position
But my left hand was too swollen it was impossible to find a vein, so the drip was on my right hand instead.
Yesh, I was FB-ing and MSN-ing with one hand. Awesome not?
Doctor came in and say I could be discharged later in the afternoon. YYYYYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!
Counting up to this point, I haven't eaten for at least 40 hours. Drips don't count.
Was ecstatic when I finally had chicken porridge for lunch that day.

Moving around, getting on-n-off bed, cleaning myself was definitely a bitch because the wounds are at my lower abdomen.
I guarantee if I do sit ups, the stitches would burst.

And on the evening of 24th July, I was finally discharged.
Though I was home and feeling guilty cause my family has to fuss over me. I rather the nurses be doing that.
The whole stint in the hospital was an effing 10K. Bloodsuckers lot.

Today doesn't help much because I stink and stink.
And I was having period cramps. Wheeeeee~
What the heck did I do to deserve this?
But yea, gotta review my life for a bit ddi.

Hospital1
Note: My room number, go buy lottery. And my tag. Also got number, can buy lottery too.


Hospital2
Note: Drip on my left hand, which swelled into a pig's arm. Bruise was a leftover of my blood test.


Hospital3
Note: I was trying to avoid having a double-chin in photos but still looked stupid. Thank heavens for hospital wifi despite it being a on-off-drop line.


Hospital4
Note: Buddies! See Sheng Mae? I wonder why I looked so happy. Cause I felt miserable alot =(


DSC09840
Note: Lo and behold. THE APPENDIX. Just in case you haven't see its widespread news on FB -_-''

My thank-you list:

The Family: Gratefulness, blissfulness and my undeserving blessing. Thanks. *HUGZ*

Stef & Xian: Thanks for the Aussie calls, I could feel the love across continents =D

Edmund: For restraining himself from making jokes that will cause me to laugh my stitches off, and temaning me for two days. Though the 2nd day intention can be pretty ambiguous kan, mund? =)

Jing & Yin: Thanks for the worrying Jing, and sorry for sending you such a worrying message randomly. But I feel the care dude. =) Yin sayang, thanks for the messages and teman-ing me, and reminding the zha boh of what s(h)e should do. =P

Sam & ShengMae: Thanks for the rose, but dying liao. Pooh. And the countless smses to rant etc. THANKOOO. I still owe you money for the magazine. Thanks Mae for being supportive of my cool idea to take a photo of the appendix, was glad to have your company =)

KenHui & SueMae: My gawd, it was a funny phase with you two. Love the jokes, and thanks to both of you for the worrying, I could feel the care.

Santa: Thanks dude for dropping by, and terribly sorry for causing you the scare with my family. The milo was a thoughtful act =)

Owh owh,
Xiang: You stay and home and quit bleeding. =P See you when I'm better



Now I gotta get back to bed, the dizzyness is back. Pooh.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

omg!!! glad u're feeling better now... after reading it i also felt the pain..ouch!! =(

BreakOut said...

Thanks sweetie!!
I'll be finee =)

EVo said...

Get well soon evieeeeee u owe me 1 clubbing session! ;P

BreakOut said...

Evo, you pay, I go!!
Rofl~ We panggil our kaki-s also =D

Schmae said...

You're ahead of me on our bucket list to "get an operation done before I die".

I jealous wtf.



HAHAHA get well soon, dearie! xx

BreakOut said...

Alah Mae, tak payah jeles.

You beat me in the part of looking-good-in-an-outdoor-shoot *wink*
=P
Fair la now.

Thanks babe, you take care too!