Monday, October 29, 2007

"Mucca, mucca, mucca"

I wanna sleep~

I overslept like an hour when I napped today..
Didn't sleep well last night.
Woke up terrible in the morning cause I felt short of breath and wanted to faint.
Doesn't help that my lecturer called out my name because I was sleeping.
I didn't care much lar. Cause I was really really unwell.
I don't sleep in class unless I absolutely can't help it.
I said sorry but I continued resting cause it was horrible.

Felt better after eating.
No. I did not starve myself. I had breakfast. But I swear I was about to faint on the way to get my 2nd breakfast.

ACP- Active Citizenship Project

Wanted to blog about it when I came home the other day..
But either blogger got problem or the problem is with me,
Blogger took AGES to load!
I got so annoyed and I gave up trying to blog.

Verdict after ACP:
1) I still haven't lost interest in kids.
2) My lilest brother is an angel o.O

My team comprising of me du-uh, Kah Meng, Jian, Terence, Charissa, Joel and Sara + Miss.Volunteer Shyuan decided to go visit Shelter 1 in Bukit Gasing as part of our need-to-complete-LLS-project-because-it-is-worth-20%

Planning the whole thing, meetings and all
Weren't much of a trouble lar
We enjoyed ourselves and everyone was really willing to participate.

So on the day itself (Saturday 27/10), we met and drove in 2 cars to Shelter 1.

And I was really really worried and stressed out because very-silly-billy me forgot to call Domino's (we planned a field trip there with the kiddos) to reconfirm and also forgot to call the home to remind them.

So I was OCD-ing all the way to Shelter Home worried about Domino's not ready for us I couldn't get through their bloody hotline and I don't have the branch's number -_-''
And you know what Himbo Terence said?
"Your boyfriend would be damn kesian wei,"
o.O
Hello? Not helping~
Yet, I agreelar. HEE!

We reached the Shelter Home earlier than the planned time which turned out to be a blessing.
ZOMG~
The kiddos have the shortest attention span ever.
LIKE SERIOUSLY~
What surprised me was I actually had the patience to deal with them. Weird~
The ice-breaking game didn't really catch their attention..
As a matter of fact, certain parts of the ACP were somewhat disorganized on our side.
However, I do not see it as our fault.
Why?
Because not all of us are born with kid-handling talent, and even if we do have the talent, working with these kids aren't easy.
I'm not blaming the kids either.
I'm just thinking that communication needs way more time lor.
Hee~

Highlights:
1) Everyone go to the Bukit Gasing Domino's branch, the manager there is SUPER UBER NICE!
We owe part of our project's success to her.

2) This 12 year old dude, who really had issues with me end up making me smile. He was really rude at the start. But he thought I was 14 (FOURTEEN) years old..and Terence is my 20 year old brother...MWEHEHEHHEHE! *happy happy*

3) All the kids said I resemble Sharpay from High School Musical o.O I'll take that as a compliment living in denial! cause I like her clothes..hmph~!

4) Kiddos nowadays are all bout "kisses", "who like who" and BGR..BORING~~~~

I'm not gonna elaborate more on the ACP project.
I need to write a whole report on it, not going to do it twice wei.

BUT!

I really really do wanna thank my team:
All of you did a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, GREAT & AWESOME job!
Thanks so much for putting up with my OCD, my procrastination as well as my need-to-be-improved leadership skills~
Thanks for even trusting me to be the team leader. HEE!!!

One part of my assignment is over.

Now it's 106 106!!!!
*nervous*

Wish me luck~!

Btw, "mucca" means "cow" in Italian,
Why so random?
PSY 103 inside joke with Ms.Winnee..HEE!!

No comments: