Sunday, January 6, 2008

My dire wish to never need to grow vertically.. -_-''

Haven't been blogging recently.
Lazylar.
And to think Uni is starting tomorrow.
I'm lazy even before the 1st day of Uni! Can diu geng zi sat -_-''

Anyway,
UPDATES!

On the 4th of January, me and my bunch of bimbos-himbos went on a Makan trip.
A "Makan" trip in our definition is "a trip to anywhere and everywhere with cheap, good food and EAT!"

I'm no foodie.
No foodie in a sense that I'm really not choosy in what's good and what's not unless they are really awesomely scrumptious or terribly puke-inviting. If not, I'm usually alright with most food.
But even if I'm no foodie, doesn't mean a Makan trip is meaningless.
I have the basic requirement to be a foodie: I CAN EAT.
Really.
You don't see me losing appetite.
Which means the day I do, something is probably horribly wrong. PMS doesn't count btw. That's biological. Not voluntary.

I LOVE FOOD!
Will love it even more if I'm one of those blessed with the ability to never grow sideways.
I grow vertically faster than most people. So must cut down on the food intake.
Le sigh~

Back to our makan trip.

Early in the morning ddi I have to wait for people who are number 2 not punctual to come fetch me.
HEE!
Kah Meng was the designated driver and he came with Terence to fetch me.
Then we headed to Klang to fetch my Hunnie.
No Jian because he ffk last minute to go Pangkor -_-''

Are you ready to eat with me???????

First tummy stop: Klang Bak Kut Teh

DSC01757
+The huge bone! +

DSC01758

Was really hungry since I did not have breakfast.
But I still controlled my portion of rice to save tummy for more later.
Some stupid butt butt had 2 plates of rice which spoilt his appetite. ROFL!

Klang Bak Kut Teh according to Shyuan is usually serve in claypot with vege.
But the one we went to for some reason served in in the normal china bowls.

Verdict: 7/10. I really like the soup cause it was really thick with flavour. The meat was also yummy cause it literally fell off the bone O.o. Downside was that there wasn't vege and I know Bak Kut Teh means meat is the highlight but I still like vege in my meals! Hee~

Then we drove to Glenmarie in Shah Alam.
Was seriously lost.
They could dump me there anytime and I'll probably never be able to find my way back.
O.o Fortunately they were in a kind mood that day. ROFL!

Second tummy stop: Restoran Meng Kee Char Siew

DSC01770
+ Supposedly really famous. People from S'pore would drive down all the way for the Char Siew. There was an 8TV "Hochak" promoting the Char Siew. Idiots who don't like sweet meat like Kah Meng has thumbs up for this O.o+

Sat down.Took a while to order cause some smart dude by the name of KM felt full ddi from the Bak Kut Teh.

We ordered a 2 person portion of Char Siew and 1 person portion of "Pak Zhang Kai" aKa White Chicken.

DSC01769
+Yummy looking Char Siew and in the back you can (hardly) see the chicken+

While waiting for food, photos!

DSC01762
+Shyuan, KM, Terence+

DSC01763
+Terence, Me, Shyuan +

DSC01764
+ One day I'll steal my Hunnie back from her dumb dumb Hubby. MWEHEHEHE+

We didn't have to wait too long for the food.
I guess we manage to beat the lunch crowd that's why.
Hee~

Verdict: 8/10. Char Siew is different from the normal Char Siew I have which has gravy and more wet. This one has a nice sticky texture and just the right balance of meat and fat. I like the sweetness! Downside would be that the meat tends to be abit more rubbery than the normal ones I have.

After that, we took a detour to HELP University College because we miss it so much and just had to go back *rolls eyes*
No lar.
Had to settle stuff mar.

eVie = Go KPD Block E to collect PSY 103 assignments
Terence = Go KPD Block A to enquire about minor grouping and registering
Shyuan = Go Wisma HELP to check if her course's timetable is out.

Me quite disappointed with assignment marks.
My 103 essay damn yun wong!!!
SOBS~!
Sigh. But that's besides the point.

Continuing on our Makan trip.
Obviously we can't stuff ourselves 24 hours kan?
If not all food will be wasted cause we will end up so jelak.

So,
Diversion Number 1: KL Tower

DSC01771
+ To think none of us actually visited it before. ROFL! +

Parking expensive. Ticket to go observation area expensive. Food expensive.
KL is expensive. Mweheheehhe~

DSC01783
+ View from the Observation Area. Will probably look nicer at night +

We took a few pictures here and there.

n574255254_786578_5656
+We are a bunch of cam-whores and cam-gigolos. HEE!+

n574255254_786582_7155
+ Shyuan looks so CUTE!!!! I look so sesat -_-'' +

n574255254_786585_8292
+I told you we love each other! +

n574255254_786586_8644
+They were suppose to be mroe lovey-dovey than this. -_-'' Himbos I tell you~ +

I tried to look for my area.
Obviously didn't work out.
Shyuan was so afraid going up the lift. She's altophobic. Hee~
Did I mention it was so jammed going to KL?
And there are so many stupid drivers on the road.
We even saw a Pajero's radiator burst O.o

After KL Tower, we had trouble deciding where to head to.
Cause even though we're full, the girls were craving for sweet stuff.
Our initial plan was to go for Segambut Curry Noodles but memang the tummy cannot accept ddi.

So we go round round KL with me craving for Ice Kacang & Ice Cream and Shyuan craving for KTZ.
Not to mention we annoyed the hell outta the guys when we kept ooo-ahh-ing at the high ended flagship stores in Bukit Bintang. Mwhehehehe~!

But we ended up heading to Melawati.

Third tummy stop: Melawati's Cendol

DSC01787
+ Cendol Pulut Jagung +

This cendol stall is actually a moving lorry/truck.
I've never had pulut in cendol before. New experience.

DSC01790
+ABC!!!!!+

Verdict: 7/10. They satisfied my cravings for sweet stuff. And I missed ice-cold desserts! The pulut added a different taste to the cendol. ABC was a bit too sweet and HP towers has better ABC. But I do like the cendol, no overload of santan.

DSC01791
+Awesome Tomyam! +

At the same place, me being the usual glutton me ordered Tomyam.
AAAAHHHH!! Tomyam!!
I'm usually not very particular with my food but Tomyam is one of those dishes that I tend to be particular about.
I know Tomyam is suppose to be spicy but very spicy Tomyam doesn't mean it's good Tomyam.
There must be a right balance of sourness and spicyness.

Verdict: 9/10. One bonus mark for making me happy since I'm particular about my Tomyam. Lotsa ingredients. Quite fresh some more. Alright portion. But still abit too spicy for my taste.

I had alternate spoonfuls of cendol and tomyam.
Made me felt sick the next day. ROFL!

After that, we headed off to Genting!!
More like the foothills eventhough we were very tempted to really go up Genting. Didn't want to kill KM's car though.

DSC01792
+I love having the wind in my face and at this point, I couldn't care less even if it is very toxinated. ROFL!+

On our way up, cars on the opposite road kept flashing their lights so we guess that there is a police block in front.
And KM drove really slowly. Which isn't what he usually does lar.
True enough.
There was a police block and so many cars kena. MWEHEHEHHEH! *evil*

We made a U-turn at Genting Sempah to go back all the way down and got Lemang.
YUMM!
But we forgot which stall it was the last time we had. So we chinchai hentam and bought from one of the stalls.

NO PHOTO!

Zomg~ Sesat.

Fourth tummy stop: Genting Lemang

Verdict: 7/10. The lemang as usual is really nice smelling. Rendang is also not too bad. But not really that suitable with lemang cause it is abit dry. Would have been awesome with rice though.
After filling our tummies to the brim even Terence didn't eat the Lemang. Tak boleh masuk ddi
we debated where to go AGAIN.
Yes. We sangat the fickle.
We settled on a bowling pit stop in Cineleisure.

Went Cineleisure.
Played bowling.
I BEAT KM! In the first round.
But I think he give face wan cause I kept saying that I'm terrible at bowling. Hee~

Second diversion: Cineleisure

n574255254_786621_2124
+I can bowl wan lar. Just not too good. +

n574255254_786622_2835
+Proof that I beat KM! I even got 2 strikes *KEMBANG* hee! +

They had a second round of bowling while I decided on Lecka-Lecka's Carribean Mix ice-cream.
WHAT?!
I tak tahan lar. Missed ice-cream.
I don't care if I coughed to death. *blueh*

After bowling we went for Pool and Foosball session.
I am so terrible at Pool, I make KM laugh his head off.
-_-''

n574255254_786623_3203
+Trying to concentrate. But I still suck. Sedih~ +

After Cineleisure, it was dinner time.

Our initial plan was to go Jalan Kuchai Lama Food Court.
But when we reached there, it was torn down. O.O
And Shyuan said it was huge with damn a lot selections. Sigh.
She was so emo after that. Poor thing~

So we settled on a restaurant with lotsa hawker stalls.

Last tummy stop: Restaurant KK, Jalan Kuchai Lama

This time, we were full out gluttons.

Crazy!!

We had Mee Jawa, Satay, Popiah, Lam Mee, Seafood Noodles, Boiled Cockles, Fried Chicken, Tauhu Bakar.
Our table was full and we only had 4 people.

Not many pictures of the food.
Too busy attacking it. HEEE!

DSC01803
+Satay +

DSC01804
+Mee Jawa+

DSC01805
+Popiah+

Verdict:
Mee Jawa = 8/10. Not too bad for a person like me who's particular about her Mee Jawa.
Satay = 7/10. Not much comment. I'm alright with most satay
Popiah = 7/10. Lack of taste. Had much better ones.
Seafood noodles = 8/10. Awesome soup! Adequate ingredients.
Tauhu Bakar = 6/10. Tauhu quite hard. Had better ones
Lam Mee = 7/10. Quite good.
Boiled Cockles = I don't like cockles so I didn't eat. KM say it's not very nice though. No blood taste O.o
Fried Chicken = 8.5/10. I like chicken breast and it's not too oily. Yum~!

I almost died eating so much.
Really gluttons I tell you.
And to think that the other side of the world, people are barely getting anything to eat.
Ish!
I am so unappreciative huh?

No more food! Head home!
Hee~!
Eat some more really die ddi.

DSC01775
+Our groupie! +

Final words no I'm not dying lar:

Shyuan: Thanks for organizing this. And I know you still love me alot. HEEE!!
Kah Meng: Thanks for fetching us around even if it is sound out of the way. It's alright butt butt, I know you're 2nd not punctual. MWEHEHEHE!
Terence: Thanks for entertaining me and actually sitting through 10 minutes of my whining. Who ask you not to forgive me? ROFL!

I really enjoyed my trip!

How I wish that I have the cannot-grow-fat-genes.
ISH!




ZOMG~
Still got steamboat night to blog.
zZz.......
Piccies people!!

No comments: