Monday, April 2, 2007

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE~!

Finally home.....

Home sweet home~

If you people haven't realise, i was missing for A day and A half.......i never expect you people to miss this unimportant, invisible, non-existent, not-cared-for gurl anyway....sobbles~

I went back hometown for Qing Ming celebration...of course, Qing Ming does not = April's Fool...it falls on the 5th...but for convenience sake, we Chinese are allowed to do the praying ritual thingy 10 days before or 10 days after (Fact No.1)

As usual, my Saturdays are allocated to visit my grandmother in the hospital...we reached about 4 something..a lil bit later than usual....my grandmother is much better ddi, she cud smile, nod/shake her head and grab my hands...
The only thing is she can't talk..and i don't blame her because she tried to talk but she had a darn tube down her throat or something like that...i think its call tracheotomy *shudders*
Owh wait, before that my family were feeling hungry so we decide to hunt for a coffeeshop around the new town of Ipoh....when my brother went "Eh! Got KimGary lar...lets go there".. We took a turning to that cafe and i was thinking what on earth is a KimGary doing at a relatively deserted place (since its a newly developed area)...
Turns out....it is actually SIMGary......................-_-''
Malaysians are just doing what they are always good at doing...piracy~

By the time we lost our way/took the longer way from Ipoh down to the town of Ayer Tawar..it was about 7 something...
My goodness....it rained the whole day and that made the Ipoh-Ayer Tawar journey so sucky because the cars were sssssoooooo slow~
We went to visit my great-grandmother, grandauntie....and it was still raining (trying to highlight the fact that the rain was troublesome)
And then we headed for a family dinner on my dad's side...at this SUPER PACKED restaurant...gawd noes why my uncle wanted that place....so packed!
We went there and suddenly i met this KL uncle of mine with his in-laws side....my bro and i were talking to him....my mum was talking to one of my aunties and my dad was talking to a long time friend of his...
It suddenly occured to me that Ayer Tawar is a town where everyone knows everyone (Fact No.2)...and i meant that literally...freaky~ There is no way i can go back to my hometown and not let my relatives find out that i'm actually there...news there spreads faster than broadcasts on CNN...and i'm not joking!
Dinner that night was crappily expensive and not really nice...SO NOT WORTH IT LAR!
Small towns are suppose to have cheap nice food.....
Owh...my dad's youngest uncle...which means he's my granduncle just "got" himself a wife from Myanmar....lets not talk bout how he got her...i'm kinda against the buying-a-foreign-wife issue....she's 20 sumthing and he's 40 sumthing....*sighz*

We all went to sleep pretty late that night...as usual the ladies would be gossiping and me listening...we had to do the origami for the paper offerings...and there was so much of it!
I did not have a really nice sleep........my dad snores.................which is why i dubbed my noise isolation earphones one of the best technological advances in the century....they are so useful~!
Woke up at 6.30...as usual...dad lazes around abit...causing us to go out at about 7....and i was super hungry ddi for some weird reason because usually i don't have any appetite when i wake up and this morning i was exceptionally hungry....
Had breakfast...then drove down to Lumut towards the graveyard....

Climbed up the hill...yeap....the graveyard is locate on the hill....
MY GOODNESS!
I bet the stupid butt butt would have loved to see me worked my butt off cleaning the graveyard....it was covered with leaves, rotting leaves, sand which makes about a 1 inch thick debris and the rain yesterday "helped" make it worse by clogging all those uggh-gy things together forming mud...........................ISH~
Worked my butt of using the dustpan to dig out the debris and threw it away...clever us should have brought a hoe/cangkul.......
And since it was April Fool.........everyone should be fooled right?
So...it rained....yeap...IT RAINED...on the day where super chun offerings are burned......water and fire just doesn't mix you know...i have been doing the Qing Ming ritual for 10 years and it NEVER rained....NEVER....and it had to rain this year......................................
Well, the rain showed how fillial Chinese can be to our ancestors...we rather shade the burning offerings and let ourselves get wet in the rain..it doesn't matter how heavy the rain becomes..the burning must go on (Fact No.3)....of course...there wasn't much burning compared to the years before....hello~ It rained lar owhkay...we should be forgiven....
Towards the end where we were packing and me giving up on trying to clean the muddy uggh-gy thingy in the rain....2 indian kids whose houses were at the bottom of the hill said the could help clean up for a small price.....and obviously my mum agreed...even if she didn't...i would have...i don't care if i have to pay.....its uggh-gy debris kie!
Actually...i think the rain was pretty nice....it was early in the morning...sorta misty and cold...and the rain felt clean...at least relatively cleaner than the downpour we have here in KL...so being fillial me...i shaded the burning offerings and let myself get wet in the rain in my WHITE shirt.....It would have been nicer to walk in the rain if:
1. I did not have to climb down the slippery steep hill
2. My scenery was romantic/sweet instead of the cemetery...-_-''
Can't believe my wish to walk in the rain came true at the cemetery...so potong~
Btw...Chinese practice gender discimination...GRR!
Even in the afterlife....or at the tombstone at least...son's names are written before the daughter's name even if the daughter is older by 10 years.....
UNFAIR!
I mean...i know that's what makes the Chinese well...Chinese...and i don't actually give a damn...i just decided it would be fun to make a big fuss over it in front of my mom....HEE!

Went back to my uncle's house(where we stayed the night before) and mom said we have to go in the house through the back door because the house doesn't belong to us.......So i went in through the back door holding my stinky dirty shoes and towards the front door so i can put them down....and i was greeted by my mum's do-you-knpw-what-you-just-did look....then i was told that we supposedly cannot go towards the front area of the house which means we only can stay in the kitchen under the fan which was so cold since we were drenched...until we "cleanse" ourselves using flower water in the bathroom (Fact No.4)....and that to me...was utter crap~
I'm not trying to disrespect anyone or any culture...but initially..she did not even let us go to the room to get our stuff (its a single story house and the rooms are nearer to the front area)...I got pretty pissed because:
1. How am i suppose to be "clean" and get changed when i don't have anything except my stinky, muddy, drenched clothes?
2. There are 2 bathrooms in the house and the 6 of use were forced to wait for one bathroom because the otehr bathroom is at the front area of the house......................
You tell me....isn't that crappy????????
Honestly...even if we were to respect any sort of ritual/"pantang-larang"....it has to be practical right?????
Which is why....if in the future i am married to a husband whose mother is an ultra-conservative-all-ritual-woman, i would die...................owhkay...not die...just get into a whole lot of trouble...but that is if i can actually get married lar har...
I really really enjoy learning about all this brought-down beliefs...but i believe there should be a line between reality and spiritual.........seriously~
You know how we Buddhists/Chinese pray to ancestors and ask them to "gather" for a food reunion by cooking tons of good-looking dishes and praying?
My auntie says when we pray for them to "come back" we must remind them to go back to where they "come from" or they will get stuck in the house and the family will be blessed with bad luck.....and my mum who never knew that went "How ah? I never did that before wor?"..
And just to add a lil spice to the whole ritual thingy...i went "Maybe that's why Rae(my bro) is always sick.."
I know that's not true because my bro obviously has issues with taking care of himself and his has a sucky immune system for a hyperactive kid....i just wanted to show my mum my "support"...HEE!

Do you know why today Evie is guilty of gluttony?
Let me tell you the list of things i put down my tummy today:
1. "Kam Puan" (a type of special noodles in my hometown similar to our Wantan Noodles in KL)
2. Wantan in "special soup"
3. Milk Tea
4. Black Sauce Meat
5. Mixed Vege (Mushrooms, Carrots, Cauliflower)
6. Cuttlefish with Salted Fish
7. Bubur Gandum
8. "Fatt Kao" (the pink kueh used in prayers)
9.Ice-Kacang
10. "Gong Pia" (a savoury biscuit filled with meat and onions)
11. 2 cups of Milk Coffee
12. Oyster Egg
13. Fried Prawns
14. Fried Noodles
15. Salted Vege Soup
16. Sweet & Sour Pork + Fish
17. Water Chestnut
18. Can of Coke
19. French Fries
20. Nuggets
21. Oreo McFlurry!

OMIGAWD!! A GLUTTON EVIE! 21 ITEMS! And i have a feeling i left out some.............obviously i ate small portions of everything...but it still makes me feel so guilty...ISH~!

I am going to be super fat~ Watch my words....

Anyway..back to my day......
We were suppose to leave at about 1 pm...and my dad (once again) decided to procrastinate and delayed our journey till about 4 something....
By the time we got to the highway..............
IT WAS JAMMED LIKE HELL! (I don't actually know if Hell is jammed or not lar)
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cars barely moved.....................
I was sleeping during the first part of the journey (i had micro-sleeps while waiting for my dad to procrastinate his time away)............by the time i got to the highway...i couldn't sleep no more..
So i was either listening to my MP3 or looking out to the sky and started thinking bout stuff...
We were stuck in a 5 hour jam for what was supposed to be a 1 and 1/2 hour journey...WTH?!?!
As it was getting late...i got bored....and i guess getting stuck in a jam for too long makes Evie goes high...so...i started waving at the cars in the next lane...i went "Hoodles~!" (for some weird reason), did the "peace" sign, waved....and practically acted like a friendly Malaysian (or a moron in other words)..........i got pretty pissed because no one gave any reaction...only a few cars did...my siblings joined in after that....and we kept laughing at their reactions..
There was this silver Saga Aerobeck with 2 guys who kept staring at me/us and i was so shy i hid under my blanket...HEE!
And then tehre was this Kancil with a pretty gurl (i think) in it who turns away everytime our car comes near.....i think she was terrified by us....
And then there was this crazy Waja with Malay guys who kept doing silly signs that made my lil bro laugh like hell...
Malaysians huh....mweheheheeh~

Then waving-to-strangers got bored and we played "Ji Gu Pak"...i hope you people know the game....we played damn many rounds and i did not win ONCE...NOT ONCE~ talk about bad luck......
My lil bro kept complaining we were going too fast so i said "What you want us to do? Say One, Two,Three..now going to Pak ddi, owhkay? Now...."
And he was speechless.........................HEE!
When that got boring we played two numbers game which i am so lazy to explain how to play...
Decided to go McDs 11.30 at night for "dinner"......

Which is why....EVIE IS A GLUTTON~ *sobs*

I am getting pretty sleepy ddi...need my beauty sleep...
Night people (morning to Min Huei)!

Wait...do you know the last and greatest fact i learnt today?
My Dad has issues with time...shish...guys~

No comments: