Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The art of PLAY

Yes.
The Play Therapy Workshop Trip.
Also known as the BOLD Workshop though I no longer can remember what it stands for lar.
And yeap.
Play can help with healing psychological issues.
Obviously not a 100% sure-fire-must-work way. Nothing is that way anyway.
But it is one of those ways which has proven to work for kiddos.

Pretty cool eh?

Playing and helping people at the same time.
Really depends though.
Cause I still have to get through my fear of lizards or I risk never being able to play with the scary fake lizards. Sigh.


The workshop did help me gain a lot more insight to how Play Therapy is though.
It isn't as different as I thought it would be but definitely I was caught by a few surprises here and there.

You know what?

I damn malas to blog about Play Therapy especially when I have a few more posts to be finished by today.
Ask me about it and I shall tell you.
I have a recording of a mock Play Therapy Session too.
Hee~

Back to Penang.
Was hectic I would say.
And I did not get to go to the BEACH!
My only regret.
Which is lasting till now.

The nearest I got to the beach was a beach on Gurney Drive.
And that isn't exactly a beach if you ask me.
DAMN!

DSC01125
+ View from YMCA hostel +

DSC01126
+ The bedroom. Near the door is Jenna's bed. The middle one is Sam. And I'm obviously taking the photo from my bed so you can't see it. And yes. I shared a room with a couple ROFL. +

1st day lunch was at some "high-class" mamak.
Cut-throat price + not good food = not very nice lunch.
But we deal with it like mature adults lar.

We stayed at the YMCA hostel.
It obviously isn't any 5 -star hotel what not.
But still comfortable enough for me to sleep my nights away.
Sam is a terrible sleeper. Kept Jenna awake with his snores and teeth grinding.
The budak is too stressed lar sleeping in a room with pretty girls who nag him all the time cause he was sick.

DSC01127
+The X'mas Deco in Queensbay Mall +

We were supposed to go to the Batu Ferringhi Beach the night we went Queensbay Mall.
STUPID RAIN! *cursecursecurse*
It's the newest mall in Penang if I did not mistaken.
But still.
We've got so darn many malls like that in KL.
I WANT BEACH!
Grrrrr~
Spent 3 hours there.
Met Sam's bro.
Besides being physically different from Sam, I seriously think they have the same sort of attitude.
Owh. He brought along his gf too. She has nice eyes. Heee~
And he belanja-ed us dinner.
Mine took so long and it was so steaming hot I think I burnt my throat at the end of the day.
Was too hungry to take photos.
It was some Taiwan-themed Restaurant. Pretty awesome actually!

Went back to the hostel and time to hit my head on the pillow.
At that point I think I still had less than 10 hours sleep for the past 48 hours so you can guess how lethargic I was ddi.
Sleep soundly WITHOUT snoring unlike a certain friend. ROFL!

Breakfast was at one of the hostel's restaurant called "Bird's Nest Heaven".
Owh. Sam. You still owe me a bird nest meal yea? HEE!
Because we stayed in a 3 + 1 person room type, we had 4 coupons.
But technically the 4th person is non-existent cum invisible so we only really needed 3 coupons.

But why waste?
Free food owhkay.
Nice or not nice different matter.
So on the table of 3, we got 4 huge plates of breakfast sets.
Not really that huge lar. Was trying to exaggerate only. heee~
Breakfast was pretty similar on all 3 days.
They only made miserable kiamsiap changes here and there.
But owh well, we were kept full and that's all that matters.

The 2nd and 3rd day was mainly dedicated to the workshop.
9am to 5 pm is no joke.
The first day of the workshop which is the 2nd day of the trip was more on the theory part of Play Therapy. How it works and sorts.
The 2nd day of the workshop which is the 3rd day of the trip was more on putting theory into practice.
So it was definitely more fun than the previous day.

DSC01140
+ The venue for our workshop. I think it's the Stamford-Disted College +

We played an ice-breaking game known as "Egg, Chicken, Dinosaur" game.
Explains our weird pose below.
Hee~!

DSC01142
+ From the cute Jenna egg to the ugly distorted Sam chicken to the fat huge eVie dinosaur +

DSC01148
+ "AAAHHHH!! Flasher!!" +

DSC01151
+ "No no no! Don't come after me!!! " +

Now we all know how horny Jenna is yea?
Hee!!
No lar.
We came back after lunch and no one was back yet so being really bored, we came up with scenes like this.
ROFL!

This donkey was absolutely adorable!
I wished it was named Sam but too bad, its name is Jack. Potong huh~ HEE!
Damn cute wan~
Me and Jenna were walking into the Learning Disability Centre area when we saw the donkey from afar.
I initially thought it was a pony because in my schema, donkeys aren't that big and healthy looking. SOrry for the stereotype lar.
But then when it saw people, it came running to the front of the cage going "Hee Haw Hee Haw"!
And it sounded so SO cute!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry. Being abit the city girl, I've never heard a donkey going like that before.
Though I still think Eeyore is the cutest donkey ever. HEE!

DSC01154
+ Meet Jack +

DSC01157
+ Us and Jack +

After workshop on 1st day,
We headed to Gurney Drive to makan.
Can die I tell you.
SO DAMN PACKED.
SO MANY PEOPLE.

And it had to rain halfway.
Potong.
No beach.
Only running in rain.
GAH!
And the food wasn't super good also kie.

But I did meet Wen!
Damn surprise.
She was there with her uni buddies I think. HEE~

DSC01160
+ Us at Gurney Plaza +

DSC01165
+ The cutest couple ever kan?????! +

DSC01188
+ Me and Jenna during carolling rehearsal +

I think I mix up all my events ddi.
But I don't think you really care right?
I don't even think this post is interesting.
I'm such an uninteresting person!!!! *emo moment*

HEE!

OWH!
After the rain at Gurney plaza,
We went to Batu Ferringhi night market.
I only bought a pair of flip flops for RM10.
Everything else was !*@&!^#&*^# expensive!

Owh. And during the 2nd day of workshop, we went to visit the hospital.
Paedetric ward.
I saw this really cute girl but she don't want to take photo with me.
And the head nurse was being really mean to us.

DSC01194
+ To celebrate the last night +

We had our own mini Booze night on the last night. Complete with cakes and all. ROFL!

DSC01193
+ Sam not giving his gf the alcohol she want. HEE! +

DSC01199
+ When you don't tolerate your gf, nahaslar you~ +

DSC01198
+ When couples go high with 5% alcohol -_-'' +

DSC01197
+ How can we not have group photo right?? +

DSC01207
+ Getting ready to go to the orphanage +

Before I continue,
Let me introduce to you this guy:

DSC01203
+ Nelson the balloon man +

I knowlar cannot see his face clearly but he makes the most zha dou jokes EVER.

Let me ask you,
Which place in M'sia has the most lengzais and lengluis??
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chee Cheong Kai/Petaling Street because the vendors always go "Lengzai! Lenglui! Buy buy!"

-_-''

Owh.
You know what does HELP stands for?
Nolar.
Not Higher Education Learning Philosophy.
At least not in Nelson's dictionary.
to him it stands for:

Higher Education LOWER PAYMENT

-_-''
I don't know what to say anymore.

Back to my last day of trip,
We went to the Ramakrishna Orphanage to celebrate and early Xmas with them.
Food, sketch, merry carolling.

Yeap. I summarize that in 4 words. Got problem?

DSC01211
+ That's my group with Sam trying to "fit in" Heeee! +

DSC01229
+ The pretty facilitators of Group 1 : Ping, Me and Jenna +

After the pretty tiring "exercise" with kiddos,
we went back to the hostel to pack up.

Headed to lunch in Air Itam since we're supposed to visit the Kek Lok Si Temple.

I had:
DSC01240
+The famous "Tisu" Laksa. +

They say it's just a rumour that tissue is added.
But well, no harm eating tissue for once if it's real kan?

Walked up to Kek Lok Si temple but it was too hot to continue any further.
And got nothing to shop!
Potong~

Went to the bust station about 5pm.
Sat the Transnasional bus home. Just 4 of us: Me, Sam, Jenna and Nelson.
The rest were in Konsortium bus.
Was stuck in the bloody Penang Bridge jam for 1 and 1/2 hours. CAN DIE!

Reached Puduraya at 11 something close to 12.
So terrible lar the area there.
Jenna's Uncle and Auntie dropped me at McD.

Waited for mummy.
And HOME!!!



I did miss home lar owhkay.

No comments: